Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Lament of the Formless



He said, “once upon a time I was formless, then

they made me in their way, a look alike, a clone

they didn’t ask me -did I like it their way

they just did it their way.

They put me in temples, in churches;

they decreed that I be in mosques and synagogues

they never wanted me in their hearts”.

He continued his lament

“They made me in stone and clay, in bronze and wood

they crucified a  hapless soul and said it was me.

They put me in hills and mountains afar,

where they tread to ,season after season

raping the  forest and valleys,jungles and streams pristine,

and demand my grace.

Tell me, they made me like them

and what blessed am I to bless?”

He continued thus, and abruptly left-

“I do not want to be their clone;

I want to be the formless that I was

and be at peace, as I ,earlier were,

 when the sun and the  moon ,the stars and the heavens,

the seas and the mountains, and when life 

were not”.




10 comments:

kaalpanique said...

but how does a formless... think (all that)??? ;)

deeps said...

xactly...
formless what?
either u got to give a form or forget it....

Insignia said...

I cant agree more. :)

dr.antony said...

In the beginning was word
And word was with God,and the word was God.
I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began.

Word was formless !

anilkurup59 said...

@ Kalpanique

a bit crazy virtual thought.( refer genesis, the omnipotent in it is formless and moves in spirit) And man gave the formless his form , human look alike.

@ deeps
Yes man gave it a form . You see it in the so called places of worship dont you?

@ Insignia

I knew you would


@ dr Antony,

You said it

A Bystander said...

Though the idea is trite, you wrote it so well and brought out a perceptive post.

Dr. Antony's comment reminded me of an old Vayalar song:
Aadiyil vachanamundaayi, Aa vachanam roopamaayi

anilkurup59 said...

@ A bystander,
Thanks for the comments which is well appreciated. You are right the doc commented apt and the Vayalar song brought out the essence.

deeps said...

yes, true we see that all over in different shapes and forms... but again we need them right?
it will be almost impossible to conceive a notion of formless God ...well, there could be exceptions surely ...
Niway, I m just wondering what if hippos were rational beings... we would have had monstrous gods...

anilkurup59 said...

@ deeps,

The Jews, the Moslems believe in a formless god. Refer the Genesis.
And hence the Moslems think it is their holy war to desecrate and destroy idol worship .

anilkurup59 said...

@ deeps,

Hippos lucky mammals that they are not rationale like we are!!!!