Friday, February 15, 2013

Another Chance


                                      

        “Give me some sunshine, give me some rain;
          Give me another chance I wanna grow up once again.”

But then, if wishes were horses and if horses could fly….!                                                                                    
Well,because there is no restraint on what one could dream. And every one does, I do. Dreams that are no holds barred, dreams about cunning, avarice, love, fear, death, pain, happiness, Jubilation, profanity, lust, titillating dreams, dreams that will wrench away the mask and expose hypocrisy naked..…  .The list is endless. Since my divorce with organized religion and God many years ago in my teens, the gentleman has not come into my dreams. Good for him and me, as you will agree it all boils down to self-respect, I shan’t blame him for that!

“Give me some sunshine….” resonates with desire that has no seam. A longing that is not lustful and covetous, but of yearning for a chance to relive, fully aware that there is beauty in sunshine and even much in the rain! I wonder if life without pain and loss, sadness and parting can relish or attain the beatitude of life. It was Van Gogh who said,” A man who has not suffered has nothing to tell with his paintings”.
That said, I do not think that if life was not a roller coaster as it was until now, I would think of a second innings as a wish that is endearing like the endless horizon caressing the ocean. Metaphors apart, equating rain with the dreariest moments in life that went by is quite rude and ungracious.

There are essentially many things that would be put on the block for correction and paths that will be trodden that never have been before. The fear of the unknown, I certainly want relegated. A mystery stays mysterious until you know and perceive it. It is ephemeral, isn't it?

Well talking about something that is foremost is the woman in one’s life. It was rather a fascinating and jovial coincidence that I and C have two more lives where we cannot be separated-so said the revered astrologer to my mother. I wonder if I would see him around in the next life! His predictions or rather call it statement is comforting as I doubt, if my disposition would ever change in a reincarnated life and in that event no woman other than the poor C can be apposite. Tough days for her in that eventuality, because if I seek to change from what I’m, the raison d'ĂȘtre of a second chance will be consigned to triviality. However I wish her unrequited affection and love is garnished with more of logic and sensibility, lest ….!

It will be uneventful and ennui if I should not meet the people who I may want to be distanced now, for it is such creatures that give us the lessons of unconventional wisdom that no erudition and university can impart.
I might want to be a different adolescent, and understanding teenage son so that poor ones at home who rear me may not feel the pangs from my delinquencies.
If good old blokes who are friends are not around the nimbus is lost and one is halved as human being.

“Give me some sunshine, give me some rain;
Give me another chance I wanna grow up once again.”

22 comments:

NRIGirl said...

Granted my son! :)

Arun Meethale Chirakkal said...

I could be wrong, but I believe that all the beauty stems from the very fact that it’s all ephemeral, that there’s no going back. From where did you get that quirky cartoon? Loved it.

anilkurup59 said...

@ NRIGirl,

Thanks mummy, ha!

@ Arun Meethalle Chirakkal,

Yes Arun the transient nature is I feel the charm .Or is it the cruel part?
Stumbled on the cartoon in google.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Loving the cartoon and, it goes without saying, your words of wisdom.

Unknown said...

Whatever your wishes for the "next chance" are, why dont you try to achieve now. It is never too late. Till there is life, there is hope!! Make a new beginning.

anilkurup59 said...

@ Petty Witter,

With your often quoted comment of "words of wisdom", I feel like an enlightened Buddhist which I'm not.
Thanks for the visit you faithfully keep.

@ Usha Menon,

It is not about the matters that can be retrieved in this life or corrected. It is just a fantasy of a rebirth and a chance to correct from day one.

Kavita Saharia said...

If good old blokes who are friends are not around the nimbus is lost and one is halved as human being.How true!

Lol @ Hepzibah's comment :)

Kavita Saharia said...

*Hephzibah.

anilkurup59 said...

@ Kavita,


These days Your comments are like are like the Blue moon appearing in rarity on the Blog.
Ha I do respect the mom *Hephzibah for her benefaction.

KParthasarathi said...

If we were born again as human(i would not use reincarnate for humans)we would hardly remember anything.Even the good old blokes would seem new leave alone the wives.But there is nothing wrong in wishing openly as you have done making the good old blokes happy now

anilkurup59 said...

@ KParthasarathi, @ C.N. Ashwini

Just a random thought knowing well that fantasies are fantasies.

Rama Ananth said...

Somehow,I don't wish for the same things or the same people in my next birth,(if there is rebirth). I wish to do the things I cannot do/ could not do in this birth, I have a very clear vision of the life I want, and I don't wish to be tied by the same people, for who knows, they may have different wishes for themselves,and my philosophy is to let them be what they want to be and let me be what I intend to be.
I don't even want the same life partner too, for I know, he may want to be something different, or the same, which might not suit my plans of what I wish for myself. So I don't want to complicate things.
I am also aware of the Maya, that the creator can put on us, thereby making forget things of the past, and trap us into making the same mistakes we have made before in choosing the life we want, and coolly put the blame on us saying that he gave us all the freedom to choose the life we wanted, and if we have chosen a worthless life, it is not his mistake.
Nice trick in making us believe that we are the architects of our own destiny, while he/ she enjoys our suffering in this earth. For the creator, it must be like watching an endless soap opera. I wonder if the creator ever gets bored of whole thing. If I were the creator I would definitely get damn bored with the whole idea of creation.
God too cannot be honest, with himself or with us.
Forgive me, for I think I might have deviated from the topic under discussion.

rudraprayaga said...

If I be blessed with a rebirth(Is it a blessing?),I shall pray(no divorce with God) for a rectified brain of my previous birth housing all the memories of the past.And suffering is the manure for good creativity-'no pains, no gains'.

anilkurup59 said...

@ rama,

I had a fleeting thought of a life reborn and things that could be redone and things that could be done in a different way. Perhaps a understanding of the previous life would be educational ?

@ rudraprayag,

Well the fact is when the blip ceases we are gone and no coming back . So all these fantasies are food for thought and will remain fantasies.

Meera Sundararajan said...

Anil, reincarnations are rather romantic.. but no one has lived to tell the tale. But romance apart, I think one actually seeks deliverance from this cycle of birth and rebirth in our aim to attain moksha. BTW you should see the movie " Quick Gun Murugan" - it has a hilarious take on reincarnation! Caio.

anilkurup59 said...

@meerasundarajan,

Yes indeed the post was purely fantasy , call it romantic thought or what ever.
However would not mind a second chance for sure .




Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Anil, I am visiting your post for the second time. I Have recommended this post for the prestigious Liebster Award. Kindly send me your accpetance expediously, so that I can send you the details.

Musings said...

@ Usha Mdnon
Goodness what!
thankyou fir the apprecistion.Ok

Unknown said...

Hello Anil.Congratulations. This post has been recommeded for the 'Liebster Award'.For the rules kindly refer to my post'The Liebster Award' and Google.com

Insignia said...

Haa I've always wondered about reincarnation whenever I have watch few movies relating to this theme.

I wouldn't mind being reborn as any other creature as long as I don't remember what I was in my previous birth :)

Its better to leave the past truly for me,

Insignia said...

And yeah! who knows! my husband would also feel good huh! Let me check with him! :)