Tuesday, February 26, 2013

LIEBSTER Award



I was nominated for the Liebster award by Mrs. Usha Menon (http://eccentricgrandmum.blogspot.com/), who is a retired educationist. Thank you, Mrs. Menon for the encouragement.

The Award, I understand is to promote amateur writers in the Blogdom. And is a kind of chain that links bloggers with modest following.

I found the process a bit confusing and tiresome that I delayed accepting and following the process prescribed in the nomination-
1- Answer your nominator’s eleven questions
2-. List 11 things about yourself
3-Choose up to eleven bloggers with less than 200 followers and ask them your questions
And sign off by mailing them on the nomination.

Now, on Mrs. Menon’s prodding here I go.

1-      ANSWER TO THE NOMINATORS QUESTIONS
a)      If you become Prime Minister of India what will be your priority?
      Ensure the Police Force need not be pliable to the executive
b)       Which Book are you reading these days?
None
c)       Why did you start writing a blog?
      Just chanced upon the idea
d)      Do you like to see the Sun rise or the Sunset?
      Both
e)      Do you think cooking is a female’s prerogative?
      No
h)   What do you like to see on TV?
      BBC, Sports & Wild life documentaries
i)        Which games do you like to play?
Cricket & Badminton
j)        Do you believe in Destiny?
No
     What do you prefer arranged marriage or love marriage?
   Neither
kl      Do you believe in God?
No
l))       What is your favourite pastime
Movies/Reading/Blogging

2-      List THINGS ABOUT MYSELF
a)      “Retired” from business
b)      Sometimes temperamental
c)       Not religious or believer and must confessto being not quite holy.
d)      Not fascinated by any political ideology
e)      Tries to be dispassionate but cannot help becoming emotional at times.
f)       Choosey about befriending people.
g)      Content with a few good friends.
h)      Do not feel happy if I impose my opinion on others and the family, though I get annoyed when they disagree.
i)        Anxious about what is in store for posterity, the way the World is moving.
j)        Despises fanatics and charlatans

3-Choose up to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to answer my questions
http://rama-ananth.blogspot.com/
http://blog.chowla.in/


4- My Questions
      a)      Are you proud of your country, if so why and if not why?
      b)      What have you given back to the world you live and or what do you intend to give in your life time?
      c)       Are you afraid of death?
      d)      If you were to meet God in real life what would you do?
      e)      Would you want to make the future not mysterious?
      f)       Will you stand up for banning capital punishment, if not why?
      g)      What would you like to be if given a choice- King, an elected ruler or a fascist?
      h)      Would you like to be like somebody? If so why and if not why?
      i)        Do you think emotions are for weaklings? If not why?
      j)        What is in your opinion the reason for the misery in the world?
      k)      If there is another life what would you want to be a, Male or a Female?

So folks come forward and accept the nomination please.





18 comments:

Surbhi Bafna said...

Congrats for your Liebster. May you receive many more accolades. :)

Silly Smiles... Take you Miles :)

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Well done on a much deserved award and many thanks for thinking of me, I truly appreciate your support.

Rama Ananth said...

Congratulations for getting the award.

Kavita Saharia said...

Congratulations! Wish you many more. Thank you for thinking of me, means a lot coming from you:)
Smiled at your love/arranged marriage answer :)

Sandy said...

I offer my congratualtions to you in this awesome award for which you have been given. Thank you for thinking of me, Musings...

BK Chowla, said...

My best wishes

anilkurup59 said...

@ Kavita,

Ha , I can see you smile!!

KParthasarathi said...

Thank you very much,Sir.I am touched by your kind gesture

Ruchi Jain said...

congratulations...

Unknown said...

Congrats Thank you Anil for accepting the award.You deserve this prestigious award.Nice to know about you and your views. I enjoyed reading your answers.From your 'self confessions' I guess you are a strong willed person. Once again I offer my congrats to you and wish many more accolades in future.

rudraprayaga said...

I think you won't feel odd when you are congratulated whole-heartily.So congrats.

Happy Kitten said...

Congratulations and thak you for the gesture...hope to blog on it soon..

Shilpa Garg said...

Congratulations for the award! Interesting answers and got to know a bit more about you!
Very profound and thought provoking questions you have asked!
Thanks for passing it to me. Appreciate it! :)

Insignia said...

Congrats Anil for the award. Thanks for passing it on to me. Your questions are well thought, you haven't asked them for the sake of asking.

I will take it up sometime

Insignia said...

Congrats Anil for the award. Thanks for passing it on to me. Your questions are well thought, you haven't asked them for the sake of asking.

I will take it up sometime

NRIGirl said...

Thank you Anil!

Your answers are quite interesting and more so are the list of questions.

Will follow it thru' shortly...

BK Chowla, said...

My best wishes to you having been given the award.
And yes,thanks for giving my ref...I havemorecthan 200 followers,hence I am not eligible.
I appreciate your concern

Atul Sharma said...

Congrats dear for your award.. I am a new reader of your thoughts on Katjuji's Blog ...